Wednesday, April 28, 2010

National Walk at Lunch Day

I found out from my Twitter friends today that it was National Walk at Lunch Day. So, at lunch I walked all around Third Street and really enjoyed it. In total, I walked half a mile, which for me equaled 1,696 steps. Luckily the weather held out for me so I didn't get rained on, even though it rained off and on all day.

I thought I'd take this opportunity to point out something pretty cool. In that first paragraph, note that I said I walked all around Third Street and really enjoyed it. If you have known me even for the last five years, you will know that I used to hate walking. I looked at it as a chore that was frustrating and uncomfortable (yes, that's an unfortunate affect of my CMS). But now, I look for ways to walk to the places I need to go, rather than how I can avoid it. It's great and I don't feel ruled by my CMS anymore!

April 28 Summary:
Miles walked: 1/2 of a mile at lunch, plus some more throughout the day
Rests: Once during lunch walk
Where: Around Third Street
Weather: A little cold, sunny, with big rain clouds threatening
Walking partner: John Mayer (iPod)

No comments:

Post a Comment