Monday, April 26, 2010

A New Walking Buddy!

I did my daily walk with a new partner today. Her name is Leslie Santone and she is the "creator" of the Walk at Home program. And the good news? We apparently walked a mile!

So if that first paragraph sounds made up, it partially is. It was really rainy and not such great outdoor walking weather. I was going to walk around the Community Center track, but it's closed on Mondays, so that was out. So, after dinner I browsed the workouts on Exercise TV and found the 1 Mile Walk and the 2 Mile Walk, both lead by Leslie Santone.

I laughed that there was a workout for exactly what I'm trying to accomplish, and laughed some more when she said we'd be walking to music and adding little moves in to add to our "workout." Then, I laughed some more as she added leg kicks and side steps. But, then it was actually a good workout! The video was about 20 minutes and I walked for most of it. We started off walking slowly and it gained intensity as the music's tempo increased. I felt ridiculous but it really worked.

With about 3 minutes to go, she told me she had a really big surprise for "me": I walked a mile! I definitely don't think that's true, but still had fun doing it and found a good replacement for an outside walk.

This gross weather:















Caused me to check this out:




April 26 Summary:
Miles walked: 1 mile (?)
Rests: Just paused the video a few times.
Where: Inside my apartment
Weather: Outside, rainy and cold. Inside, dry.
Walking partner: Leslie Santone (Exercise TV)

No comments:

Post a Comment