Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vinyasa at Yogis!

Today instead of walking I went to Yogis for Vinyasa yoga with Joan. For about a year and a half I was attending classes regularly, but the last few months I got too busy, then I was trying to save money for the wedding, and then I discovered the world of Exercise TV. Nevertheless, a 10 minute workout with Nicole Stewart or Stephanie Vitorino just doesn't replace an actual yoga class, especially because Joan Sterling, who I love, doesn't teach exercise tv yoga. The Vinyasa class is incredibly difficult, as we do sun salutes for about the first 45 minutes to an hour of class. I figured if I am trying to strengthen my legs, what better than a continuous flow of warrior 2, triangle, plank, side plank, runner's lunge, down dog and forward fold? All of those are intense poses, and to do one after the other for an extended period of time is REALLY hard. But, I can get through the class with some rest periods and I'm fine.

I also plan to walk Nicole's dog China today, so that will add maybe an extra half mile to my day. Not so bad for a Saturday!

Saturday, April 17 Summary
Yoga Class: 90 minute Vinyasa yoga class at Yogis Studio

Also, I didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but I did work out! I tried Bootylicious Buns again in the morning and was able to get through all of it! And this might be gross, but I can't believe how sweaty I got! It was an INTENSE 10 minutes and a really good way to start the day.

I also walked around the hospital track after work, but rain forced me to stop after 2 laps. It was probably a good thing though, because I was exhausted from the week and didn't really want to anyway. But, I got a half mile in. Not bad!

Friday, April 16 Summary
Miles walked: 1/2 (with maybe a 1/4 mile worth of walking at work)
Rests: 1, after 1 1/2 laps
When: 4:30-4:45, 15 minutes
Where: Willamette Valley Medical Center public track
Weather: Cloud, windy, drizzly
Walking partner: iPod and This American Life Podcast
Other: 10 minute Bootylicious Buns on Exercise TV

No comments:

Post a Comment