Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yoga does the body good!

No walking again today but I did go to Vinyasa at Yogis this morning. I really love yoga because it relaxes me and give me a good workout. We did another sun salute flow and while I was really tired when I got there, I still completed about a quarter of the salutes without modifications or resting, and when I got tired Joan showed me how to modify the poses and I did the rest of them without much resting at all! It was great because there was no way I could have done them all without modifications (I just did them on my knees when the position allowed) but it was still a good workout. It also helped my pride too :).

I was proud of myself for asking Joan for modifications in front of the class because I am still getting over that 'ego' thing, where I feel a bit self conscious when I have to ask for help. It's hard because I don't look like I have "anything wrong with me," so I feel weird when someone hears me say how I get tired or sees me sit down after just a few salutes. I almost feel like they think I am lazy, or wimpy, when that is definitely not the case. I hate that I am not over that yet and I am 24 years old! I suppose that's a lifelong battle I'll just have to work on. I think though, that no matter what or how much anyone tells you, it's hard to not care what other people think.

So now that you know my insecurity, I am curious what other people are insecure about when it comes to workouts. Also, do you have any tricks or advice for getting over it and not letting it bother you?

No comments:

Post a Comment