Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Campus Walk

Lately I have been so busy I have been putting my challenge on the back burner. But I decided this week if I ever want to make my goal, I need to make it a priority. So tonight I decided to go on a walk around campus despite needing to do lots of other things around the apartment.

I was going to walk around campus but decided to walk around the track instead. I felt pretty good and walked three laps until some soccer kids came and I got self-conscious. I really hate how even though there's nothing to be embarrassed about, I am still so embarrassed about how I walk. I wish I could walk past anyone and no matter how funny I look, be confident. But I just can't get over it. So I left the track and decided to walk around campus instead.

In all, I walked about .79 of a mile. I'm not sure how accurate it was, but no matter how far I really walked, it was a great one. I listened to a really cool This American Life podcast about summer camp stories and it really helped pass the time. I also forgot about my huge to do list, which was nice.

Tomorrow though, is the real challenge of my challenge. One advantage to living on campus is that we live just a mile from Third Street. I've never tried to walk downtown before, but my church is just at the end of Davis. So I'm going to walk to my meeting at church tomorrow night. It's a full mile and while Josh will be on standby to pick me up and drive me the rest of the way, I am determined to walk it all. If I'm not passed out with exhaustion after my meeting I'll post all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment