Sunday, August 15, 2010

Destination not distance

Keeping with the focus-on-the-destination goal instead of the how-far-have-I-gone goal, Josh and I went on a walk last night to get some errands done. We waited until about 8:30 to on our our walk because it was too warm earlier in the day so it was a beautiful evening walk with a sunset.

We walked to check our mail, then walked to AT&T to do some account updating and then to Albertson's to get a few things. And the whole time I didn't pay attention at all to how far it was. BUT, to my surprised and delight, I only had to sit and rest ONCE each way! It had to be a half mile each way, maybe? But that's not the point so I'm not going to look it up. :)

I was so proud of myself for walking so far with so few breaks, but I think a lot of it was the fact that I had Josh to distract me and help me when I got so tired I needed to hold onto him for support.

So thanks Joshua, for supporting me!

No comments:

Post a Comment