Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finally! A Weather-Permitting Walk

Well, I just got back from my first walk in a few weeks! The weather was so nice today (about 70) and I didn't have any meetings tonight, so I really had no excuse to not go for a walk. Mom walked over to meet me and Janna and we walked a bike/walking path that goes through town. I actually used to ride my bike on that path when I was younger, but hadn't used it since then.

It was a really nice walk, and we were even a bit too warm! A nice change from the cold, rainy weather we've been having. We passed some kids riding bikes, some scary barking dogs behind fences, and even a guy walking down the path with a can can of Coke. (Isn't that sort of a bad idea? To go walking with a can of Coke? Last I heard drinking water while exercising was a better idea, but oh well.)

It's too bad I am moving out in 36 days, otherwise I know I'd get a lot of use out of that path this summer. Guess I'll just have to find some good paths around Linfield's campus :)

May 13 Summary:
Miles walked: .8 (I had my pedometer set to kilometers...and thought I walked 1.29 miles, until I saw the little 'km'...)
Rests: Twice
Where: Walking path through residential neighborhoods
Weather: about 70 degrees and sunny!
Walking partner(s): Janna and my mom

No comments:

Post a Comment