Friday, October 1, 2010

Six Month Mark

Today marks three milestones: The first being I am in in the sixth month of my challenge, the second being my half birthday and the third is that we're double digits (99 days) away from our cruise!

So far I think my challenge has been going really well. I haven't been able hit the one mile goal I originally started with, but I'm not super concerned by that fact.

If you've been reading over the last month, I've done far more biking than I have walking, and I think it's been a good change. Biking definitely uses different muscles than walking, and I am sure it's only strengthening my legs even more.

Now that I'm 6 months into the challenge and 3 months away from the cruise, I am going to really kick the walking up a notch. I'm going to walk as much as I've been biking, and that has averaged 4 out of 7 days a week. So if you're ever up for a walk and don't mind stopping along the way, let me know. I need to get as much outside walking as I can while the rain holds off, and having a walking buddy always motivates me even more.

This weekend Josh and I are going to spend the weekend at the coast with Ben and Sarah Farley. I hear the weather is supposed to be in the 60s and 70s so hopefully it's true and I can get lots of beach walks in.

I'll post pictures from any walks we take :)

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment