Friday, October 22, 2010

I needed that


Lately I've been busy and haven't made much of an effort to go walking. But this week I really felt the effects of it. I sit a lot during the day and have found myself feeling really restless all week. I have no lack of work, I've just felt so antsy. So today I decided to go for a walk and get out of the office during my lunch break.

And wow, did I need it. I immediately felt better. Breathing the cool, crisp fall air, stepping on and crunching the leaves on the ground, and moving my legs was refreshing. Usually I surf the web and check my hotmail e-mail, read my blog feed or check Groupon during lunch. But I am going to really make it a priority to get out and walk the days I can. Even when it's raining and cold. After all, I sit at my computer all day, so is it really a lunch "break" if I stay on the computer?

Can you imagine a better "pick me up" than Glee tunes?!
So today, instead of a Yahoo search and blog reading, my lunch consisted of listening to Glee tunes (and trying SUPER hard not to sing out loud) and collecting crunchy fall leaves for some fall decorations I'm making for the apartment (you'll have to read my other blog for a post about that!).

 Such pretty leaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment