Thursday, September 9, 2010

day one of commute challenge

Thanks to my wonderful sister in law for letting me borrow her bike, because I started my bike commute today! I thought it would be a good thing to try, and it was! I underestimated how tired I would get, but it was a good commute and I enjoyed it. I also felt good because it meant I didn't have to drive my car, and that means fewer emissions! So it helped me get exercise, and it helps the earth :).
My wonderful husband snapped this photo before I left this morning!

I also made a mistake. I had to stop by church on the way home to take care of a few things, one of them being to pick up the church laptop. I thought it'd be easy to ride home with it on my handle bars. WRONG! It kept bumping my knees and got really heavy at the top of the hill on the way back.

Nevertheless, it was a good experience, and as long as the rain holds off, I'll keep riding back and forth!

No comments:

Post a Comment